Your Watercolour Paintings Worcestershire

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lora 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

I was watching Patrick’s Worcestershire en plein air on Youtube and the cottage behind him when he was filming caught my eye. So here’s another view. Usually, after I post a painting, I see places where I could have gone darker and deeper in shadow.

This was done in a Winsor & Newton 5 x 7 sketchbook 140 lb NOT — paper is on par with Arches — surprised it’s that good.

Posted my sketch too

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96671 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

Lvely part of the World Judy but i would say that

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96698 Score: 0

PCampbell
    Participant
    2 pts

Beautiful! I love the way you did the trees!

• #96705 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Very nice painting Judy. I spotted that cottage too while editing the video and thought it would make a lovely painting on its own. It was an idyllic spot. The tree on the right is lovely the shadows cast on the house kind of make the scene.

Patrick

• #96711 Score: 0

JudyR
      Participant
      42 pts

Thanks, Patrick. Looking on it now, the foliage seems a bit haphazard and the plant on the left could have used a few soft edges. My focus was on the cottage and the shadows.

Would love to see your take on this scene. 🙂

• #96729 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

Its lovely 🙂

• #96740 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

I love this, Judy! I noticed this in the video and I, too, thought it would make a pretty scene to paint. So glad you thought of that too; you’ve done a wonderful job. 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.