Your Watercolour Paintings Winter Scene – DavidG14

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  JoVo 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

DavidG14
    Participant
    14 pts

would it be cheating to use pencil or pen to improve the windows?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #54371 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

David, this a charming scene. The preserved whites are great.You are always saying how you strive to be more loose and this is looser than your usual style. To fiddle with the windows would,in my opinion, “tighten” them up. They are fine as they are. I would vote no.

****Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something****

• #54373 Score: 0

Petjoy
    Participant
    4 pts

I agree with Mark, David. It’s a lovely painting just as it is.

Joyce

• #54393 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
    Participant
    7 pts

Who’s opinion is important enough to judge? I think anything goes if You want to. You are the ‘creator’ of your work. So it’s your call.
    Regarding this painting I agree with Mark and Joyce, it’s beautiful and doesn’t need anything else.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #54397 Score: 0

Anonymous
    22 pts

I wouldn’t do anything – it’s a lovely “folk-art” style of painting. Beautiful!

• #54405 Score: 0

harryd
    Participant
    2 pts

It’s great David. It wouldn’t be cheating to use a pencil or pen but it might spoil it. Did you do this from a reference photo or picture?

• #54425 Score: 0

DavidG14
      Participant
      14 pts

I paint at my local senior center on Thursdays with a nice group of people and people bring in photos, greeting cards, books and magazines to use as source material. I took the church and the idea of a town from the greeting card but made up the background.

• #54408 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Agree with everyone. Great as is, David!

• #54410 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

very nice scene in winter time.
    well done.
    about the using of pen or pencil, you can use them it still will be an watercolour.
    even if you use wax or watercolor-pen.
    greetings wolfgang.

• #54444 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    9 pts

Nice painting. Don’t mess with the windows! Just let it be. It’s finished:)

• #54460 Score: 0

JoVo
    Participant

Great snow scene. Like the way you have painted the mountains.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.