Your Watercolour Paintings Vintage kid's racecar

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lora 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Had just enough time to sneak this fun little painting in before I lost sunlight with an approaching storm. It was a challenge to get the wheels and steering wheel drawn even partially correct, but I had so much fun painting it. 😀

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96088 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Very nice indeed Lora. Some tricky shapes to get right in the drawing stage.  I can see the steering wheel is casting a shadow on the bonnet of the car. which is excellent. To make your painting really pop the addition of a shadow under the car would give your painting more impact. Lovely work 🙂

Patrick

• #96155 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Thanks, Patrick! I will add darker shadow under the car. For some reason, in the photo reference, only the shadow of the steering wheel was clear to see so I wasn’t sure exactly how to do the shadows under the car, but since it’s just a little study, I’ll go with my instincts lol. 😀

• #96151 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

My son has one almost just like that! I hadn’t even thought of painting it. I think you did a great job! I find drawing thing with lots of round shapes very difficult, hard to get the proportions and angles right. But seems like you nailed it!

• #96157 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

That’s so cool that your son has a similar car! I would’ve loved that when I was a kid! Thanks for the kind words! I will say there was much erasing with my sketch! I was determined to make the front wheel appear a bit turned like in the photo, so it took many erased circles before I got it! The whole thing was a challenge, really! 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.