Your Watercolour Paintings Valley in Alaska

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Agathe 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

Did this sketch from my photo. Working on mixing decent greens. Majority of which is quin gold and Prussian blue. Some white nights dark green and cad red in shadows.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96768 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Beautiful loose painting, Alex! Wonderful blend of color and the greens are lovely. Will have to try the quin gold and prussian combo.

• #96779 Score: 0

Dee
    Participant

Very nice, Alex.  You have created such a lovely scene – the colors and the painterly-ness of the valley are soothing.  More, please!

• #96780 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

Very nice and loose as Judy says yet portrays the scene very well.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96791 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

The greens are very natural looking. I’ll have to remember that mixture. It’s one I haven’t tried. Thanks.

Paula

• #96804 Score: 0

PCampbell
    Participant
    2 pts

I have had trouble with greens myself, but it looks like you’ve come up with a nice combination!

• #96809 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

I love the way you’ve done the grass in the foreground and the whole composition of the painting. This scene reminds me of certain areas in Norway around where I live. I got quin gold partially with the intention of using for grasses and stuff. I don’t have any prussian blue though. But It’s interesting to see the quin gold at work!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.