Your Watercolour Paintings Two Additional Water and Rock Scenes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lora 2 months ago.

• Author

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

I am not sure why my two previous posts to this forum with this contents is not sticking.  I am now making my third attempt.

I have painted two more water and rock scenes.  My references were paintings made by Arizona artist Julie Gilbert Pollard.  I used masking fluid to preserve my whites and added my darks early with watercolors unlike Julie’s use of acrylics for her darks.

I have one more of her paintings under construction with a fourth I may paint with opaque paints.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96855 Score: 0

brynteg
    Participant
    1 pt

You really have capture moving water well and I love the blues and greens used in the first painting. 

• #96856 Score: 0

Jim
    Participant
    3 pts

nice work Howard, i particularly like number 2. Rocks is another subject on my  practice list.

Jim

• #96859 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    11 pts

Lovely work, the first is almost abstract which I like very much and the second is gorgeous

• #96867 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

Wow, these are outstanding!

Paula

• #96869 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Thanks to all of you.  It has been a long struggle to get my hands around this. Lessons are being learned.  I am about to post the third image that I completed today. Check it out.

• #96945 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    6 pts

2 great paintings. My favorite is first one. Has some qualities that makes it grab your attention right away and has nice color play.

• #96987 Score: 0

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

Beautiful work Howard. I think they are both well done. The flow and light playing off the water as well as the underwater rocks showing through the water on the second painting make it a fascinating painting to look at. Really well done

• #97027 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    2 pts

Two very nice paintings, Howard.   Great sense of movement in the water and a lot to keep the eye roving round the picture.

• #97043 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

These are both absolutely gorgeous, Howard! You’re making leaps and strides with your painting progress! I love the unexpected colors; they make the paintings very interesting. 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.