Your Watercolour Paintings Tranquil Idyll

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Petjoy 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    27 pts

Hi all,

I did this painting last week and it has been sat in my “Trash pile”. At the time I didn’t like how it looked but today (before throwing out the trash) I saw something in the scene that made me keep it. Cant put my finger on what it is about the painting, but it is a love hate relationship that I find interesting so thought I would share.

As always all comments and critique welcomed.

• #53904 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

I don’t think this is trash-worthy, Martin. The colors are harmonious and the perspective is good. (the curling paper may distort the actual painting perspective) Nice shadows on the buildings. I might have made the road a little lighter. The only other thing that stood out for me is that the top of the tower is exactly level with the distant trees on the right side. Otherwise, this is a lovely scene, nicely painted.

• #53906 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
    Participant
    7 pts

This is quite cute. The dark side of the little house looks a bit like a face to me – peeping out of one eye. (But maybe I’m just weird ;-))
    It’s lovely and with a few shadows in the landscape, to balance the strong shadows on the buildings, it would probably be even better.
    I’m glad you didn’t throw it out. If you look at it in a few months or even in a year, it will probably click and you’ll know what to do.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #53907 Score: 1

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Lovely piece of work Martin. As Judy said the curl of the paper is not helping. Lovely perspective, good values throughout, fresh colours. what is there not to like. You’re always hard on yourself regarding your artwork. Your paintings have character and individual style. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Patrick

• #53922 Score: 0

DebbyN.
    Participant

I’m in agreement with everybody else, what’s not to like. A typical British watercolour scene done in your own style (and very nicely!). No problem there, unless you’re wanting an eclipse or meteor…????

• #53926 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

this picture has his own charm and i guess it´s also a kind of your style.
    for me it shows an typical englisch church and landhouse.
    well done i say.
    greetings wolfgang.

• #54087 Score: 0

Petjoy
      Participant
      4 pts

Lovely colours with fresh greens and blues.

Joyce

• #53954 Score: 0

Anonymous
    27 pts

thanks everyone I guess it just goes to show that nothing is ever a failure when it comes to art.

• #53969 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

Good strong shadows and lovely greens.
    Paula

• #54081 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    9 pts

I like it too, nice scene. Colors are great, interesting looking buildings (I can spot British chimneys:) land has nice shape.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.