Your Watercolour Paintings Third Water and Rocks Scene

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  K8 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

I completed my third Julie Gilbert Pollard painting today. Again it is a study of painting water and rocks. I believe I am gaining some good experience and confidence in the techniques I need to make these scenes realistic and better in my paintings.

My real test will be to paint scenes similar to these from my own sketches. I may get that chance tomorrow. If the weather is nice, I am taking my Annie into our canyons and mountains to shoot photographs and to sketch plein air watercolors of our fall colors. Hopefully, I will have something to show in a day or two from this trip.

I have one other image of water and rocks sketched to paint but may not post it here cause I may choose opaque paints.  If I do use them it I will be my first attempt with opaque paints. I am curious to see how that may turn out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96873 Score: 0

Jim
    Participant
    3 pts

I like this Howard, you have caught the feeling of movement in the boiling water very well.

Jim

• #96876 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

Very lovely! Love the spray from the water. Also really like the backruns in the front rock. It gives it more texture and interest.

• #96917 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Thank you.  Water and rocks are still difficult for me.  I’ll schedule more practice scenes…  Maybe I shot some scenes today while visiting Wolf Creek that will be worthy of painting. I’ll download my camera’s images and see.

• #96947 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

This is nice Howard. All 3 paintings are good. Nice shapes and colors. Pretty realistic looking water.

• #96986 Score: 0

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

Really lovely subject and your style shines in the water and rocks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.