Your Watercolour Paintings Texas mountains

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AlexK 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

AlexK
    Participant
    6 pts

First of all where is everybody? Seem like  after site separate in 2 parts everything slowly died out here. Maybe someone can explain something please. Anyways. Let’s all make effort to make it come back. It use to be a. I’ll place to visit and now it’s always something that’s days or weeks old. Where’s Robert, Annette, Brian, Ann, Peter, Carol, Brad, Mark, Debbie, Patrick? Where the hell are all you guys?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97334 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

Hi Alex,

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

I really like this painting! There’s a great sense of distance, and all the values and colors work well together. It conveys such an empty, peaceful feeling.

Paula

• #97340 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      6 pts

Thanks Paula. Do you know anything about other web site that Martin has? How’s situation there?  I never took place in challenge painting  part so I didn’t join his site.

• #97335 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Alex, I really like your painting! It’s nice and loose and the colors you’ve chosen work really well.

A couple months (?) after the sudden slowdown, this site did pick up quite a bit. Many new members joined and former members returned. There were several posts everyday. This is is just a theory but I think people come and go and return again because sometimes life gets crazy. That’s the case for me anyway…sometimes there’s just not enough hours in the day to paint plus post it and comment on other’s posts. (And I don’t like to post without taking time to look at and comment on others’ work). Actually I haven’t posted many paintings lately, but I have tried to keep up commenting on others’.

I think the current slowdown could be due to the holidays, plus this is the time of year for viruses. Some of the people you listed have been posting comments and/or paintings just within the last few weeks.

Anyway, I could be totally wrong about these possible reasons but, for me, at least, everyday life is busy. Also, sometimes I have to take a break from getting on here and posting anything because I don’t do any social media so I’m not used to interacting (even indirectly in a forum) with so many different people.  It’s just not my thing. But I do enjoy seeing all the different artwork and I do want to encourage people, I just can’t do it all the time. Maybe some other peoole are like that, too. And maybe some people lack the confidence to post their work. There are currently so many different people who log on here (many don’t post anything but I’ve nothing against them, I’ve done that, too!), that I’ve lost the desire to post my work. It’s like stage fright. But that’s ok, I like to try to encourage others. I do try to set aside time to paint several times a week though that’s not always easy.

So Alex, keep posting and I think you’ll find after the holidays, things may pick back up again. I enjoy seeing your paintings! 😀

• #97341 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      6 pts

Thanks Lora! Pure watercolors is actually only social place online I visit. Good to see your dedication. Thank you!

• #97336 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

Moving House Alex so very very busy. But i often come on and comment

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #97339 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      6 pts

Just keep coming in Brad. I’m busy with my 1yo son. And on top of it me my wife and son only relatives in the country so unfortunately we don’t get any help at all. Free time took whole different definition in our lifes.

• #97345 Score: 0

DavidG14
    Participant
    14 pts

I have gone to Martin’s site a few times and posted/commented.  The challenges are a lot of fun and are are many old friends there.  I’m not sure about this site but I miss Patrick’s video’s and comments.  He must be maintaining the site behind the scenes and hopefully will have some new tutorials soon because I really like his style.

Because of you, I found some Roland Hill videos and really liked the one on skies so I will look at some more.

I think your mountains could be paler but the foreground is great and reminds me of when I lived in New Mexico some 50+ years ago.

• #97368 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    2 pts

Lovely painting, Alex.  As has already been said, a great feeling of depth and quiet solitude.

Joy

• #97377 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Hi Alex — I didn’t make your list 🙂 but I’m on here now and then since my husband and I sold our home and are living in a motorcoach. We’re on the move a lot and I’ve not had much time to paint in the last couple of months. Hope to remedy that soon. I also go to Martin’s site but again haven’t participated much lately. He has a Christmas challenge that I’m trying to keep up with, though.

Your “desert” paintings are all lovely, and we hope to take our coach west in the spring to see some of the sights you so beautifully depict in your work.

• #97378 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      6 pts

Sorry Judy for not including you in the “list” of old timers:) where are you spending the winter? Southwest is very popular Motorhome  location. We have vast public lands here and it’s free to stay. Otherwise campgrounds with hook ups are always there as well. I’ve camped in colorado, Utah and Arizona on average 6 weeks per year before I finally discovered New Mexico and moved here from Midwest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.