Your Watercolour Paintings Ships and Boats

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 2 months ago.

• Author

Nick1404
    Participant
    5 pts

Wanted to have a go at ships after a trip to Buckler’s Hard and Beaulieu in the New Forest (south UK), where they used to build them. Pleased with how they came out, but lots I would do differently a second time around though. Keen to improve, so any feedback would be great – thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #36402 Score: 0

Peter_RB
    Participant
    8 pts

Quite simply two very well executed watercolours Nick

• #36403 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

Lovely paintings, the first looks very traditional as the old masters painted with similar palette, love it! And the second is bright and cheerful with the foundation of good drawing skills, well done

• #36420 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

Great paintings! Absolutely love the first one, great colors and water is fantastic, perfect reflection. I wish I could suggest something, but I’d be happy to do as good.

• #97528 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

Both are great!  I might suggest some darker values on the rowing boat in the foreground of the first one.  The second painting is quite cheerful–reminds me of an illustration for a children’s picture book.

• #97532 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

You really have got the perspective and shape of the boats spot on. Great job.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.