This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Petjoy 12 months ago.

• Author

Petjoy
    Participant
    4 pts

Since I am yet unable to work with my paints and brushes I thought I would show one of my first watercolours. It is from a photo I took of a little Bahamian girl during a vacation. After I had it framed I entered it in a juried show that was held annually by our local radio station. I was pleased when it was accepted, surprised when they purchased it and I was “over the moon” few weeks later when I received a letter saying they had liked my painting so much they had it made into cards for use at the station. I still have some somewhere. The date on the painting is 1978 so that shows how long ago I started with this wonderful medium. Over the years I have tried just about every medium, but I still love watercolour although digital work is presently what I do.

I think Senta would qualify as “loose”!

Joyce

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #58892 Score: 0

jezzy
    Participant

Beautiful painting with a lovely sense of light and colour. I’m not surprised it was so well liked.

• #58937 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

What a beautifully painted portrait, Joyce! If this was one of your first watercolors you have tremendous talent. Just lovely.

• #58952 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Beautifully painted portrait Joyce, you have made your subject glow with colour. Absolutely charming.

Thank you for sharing.

Patrick

• #59116 Score: 0

Petjoy
    Participant
    4 pts

Thank you so much, Jezzy, Judy and Patrick. Your kind words mean a lot to me.

Patrick, it was watching your YouTube video about painting cards and you told some caller that you welcome input here on PWC that I decided to post one of my old paintings,

Joyce

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.