This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lora 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

Hi all! I have only recently picked up painting again and wanted to share this seascape. It’s from a pixabay Photo and I made up the lighthouse and dots of people at the beach.

I have been thinking especially about how to paint the waves and grasses best. This is what happened. Curious what you think! Tips very welcome.

Nike

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97098 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

It’s a lovely scene, Nike and I like your loose way of painting,    I’d be tempted to put more colour into the sand dunes in the foreground which would really push the sea back to the far horizon, but well done.

Joy

• #97111 Score: 0

Bob Hussey
    Participant
    2 pts

Love this! Really keeps your eye moving around the painting, there’s so much to see. I like the depth created by your use of color in the left foreground grasses. Nice!

• #97125 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

So glad you’re back to painting! I love this seascape! I think you’ve done well creating the waves which I think are very hard to do. I think your grasses are really nice and I love the dramatic sky. 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.