Your Watercolour Paintings Seascape: low tide

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  AlexK 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

Hi all, with the 3rd and last post of me today.

Very pleased with the painting. I like the rough feeling.

It was hard not to make a mess of the colourful foreground and yet make the colours flow into each other. The sky I did in 2 layers. Guess it could have used a 3rd more darkblue cloud in the middle to break it up in separate clouds.

Nike

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97094 Score: 0

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

This is from a tutorial by the way. I changed the sky into a cloudy day grey looking sky but I fuzzed around making clouds come down more by adding paint wet into wet. It just doesn’t feel right.

Nike

• #97096 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

You certainly got the feel of a cloudy grey sky, Nike.   If I was walking there I’d certainly want a warm coat.  It looks cold and as if rain is on the way.

Joy

• #97104 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    11 pts

Its lovely

• #97112 Score: 0

Bob Hussey
    Participant
    2 pts

Another beautiful scene. Great sense of depth. A threatening sky really adds to the overall atmosphere of the painting. Having grown up in a seaside town and spent a lot of time around the shore and marshland, this one really ‘speaks’ to me. Wonderful painting!

• #97126 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Beautiful, Nike! I love your stormy sky; I like it just the way it is. The reflection of it in the water is really good,  too. You did such a good job with depth. 😀

• #97148 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Lovely painting…

• #97153 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

The light in the distance makes the painting! Lovely!

Paula

• #97154 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

Nice atmosphere. Nice painting. Has good sense of simplicity

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.