Paint With Patrick San Juan Mountain – Mountain Fall San Juan Mountain Fall Colours

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Howard W 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Meryl
    Participant

Hi everyone

This is my first post to Pure Watercolour. I had a go at Howard’s reference photo and will watch Patrick’s video shortly as a treat!!

My mountain is a bit dull I think. I tried to stay loose..not totally successful!

Nice to see other people’s work.

Thanks
    Meryl 

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Patrick.
  • #95267 Score: 0

Meryl
    Participant

I deleted the other one now that I managed to rotate it. Sorry for the extra posts – no delete function I could find.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Meryl.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #95270 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Really lovely painting, Meryl! Your mountains are great, rugged and nicely detailed, as is the light bouncing off the lower birches. The sun appears to be setting behind the mountains, which is beautiful. Great job!

• #95272 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Hi Merly, beautiful painting, you have kept your colours nice and fresh. The mountains are well drawn and they have a nice rugged feel to them.  A bit more definition between the light and shadows areas on the mountain would have helped to give the mountain tops a stronger feeling of light. Although I think you have done a great job and should be very pleased with what you’ve achieved.

The foreground trees are well painted and your shadow area shows off the tree trunks well.

Thanks for sharing.

Hope you don’t mind me asking are you the same Meryl from Patreon?

Patrick

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Patrick.
  • #95277 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Your painting is really pretty, Merle! I love how you kept it loose and I can see a glow of light on that beautiful mountain. The colors all look wonderful together. Glad you shared this with everyone. 🙂

• #95312 Score: 0

Meryl
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments. Yes Patrick it’s Meryl from Patreon. Loving this website too. Only really recently started having a look. Love everyone sharing their work.

I watched your video Patrick and might have another go at it as it’s such an amazing scene. Thanks again

• #95327 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments. Yes Patrick it’s Meryl from Patreon. Loving this website too. Only really recently started having a look. Love everyone sharing their work. I watched your video Patrick and might have another go at it as it’s such an amazing scene. Thanks again

I thought it was but you can never be certain 🙂 It’s great to see you in PW to Meryl. Thanks for joining in,  it’s a lovely place to share work and any ideas you may have.

Patrick

• #95456 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

I am enjoying everyone of these paintings of the San Juan Mountains.

Meryl, I like your mountain and fall colored aspens. Nicely done.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.