Your Watercolour Paintings Rio Grande gorge

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AlexK 1 month ago.

• Author

AlexK
    Participant
    7 pts

This is a relatively a quick sketch 30-40 min from my photo. It’s close to Taos New Mexico. This trail is about 12 miles long. You normally meet more big horn sheep  on the trail than people.
    This place can be pretty windy,  but it quiets down to complete stillness. Loudest noise around – is your own breathing!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97402 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    12 pts

I went there once when I was staying in Taos.  It was too cold to ski that day so we went sight-seeing. We stopped at the bridge over the Rio Grande Gorge, and it was the coldest I have ever been in my life!

I like your painting. You convey the feeling of huge space and silence.

Paula

• #97416 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      7 pts

Thanks Paula. It can be very cold you’re right 🙂 Wind and sun make all kinds of weather changes here in extreme proportions. Very harsh and hot day can change to cool and breezy in few minutes. At the same time warm and sunny winter day turns in to coldest place in the world.

• #97406 Score: 0

DavidG14
    Participant
    14 pts

Alex, you are getting better with every painting. I love the southwest and enjoy seeing your paintings of that area,

• #97417 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      7 pts

Thanks David. It’s very nice thing to say! I’m trying to paint local landscapes.

• #97412 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    2 pts

Lovely painting, Alex.   You’ve certainly captured the feeling of vast space and solitude.   The land disappears into the distance under clear blue skies with a feeling that you can almost see to infinity,

Joy

• #97418 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      7 pts

Thank you Joy! I didn’t see it like that:) you made me look in to the distance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.