Your Watercolour Paintings Rio Grande gorge

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Annette 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

AlexK
    Participant
    9 pts

Another painting of Gorge. Didn’t turn out good. But the good news is that back side ot this painting is still white:)

In this process I’ve discovered an interesting dark violet. It’s Prussian blue and permanent rose PV19. It’s shady wall on the front left.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97552 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    19 pts

I love the distant mountains and the sky.  Shadows are lovely colour

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #97554 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

Alex, Nice color choices in this one.

Paula

• #97560 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

I like this one very much, Alex. The colors are lovely and fresh. And the distant mountains and sky are beautiful.

• #97567 Score: 0

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

Very pleasing painting. Colors are happy and I like how my eye follows the gorge from the front to the back of the painting with pleasant shadows and sunlight splashing on the canyon walls. I think it turned out well

• #97570 Score: 0

RandyLouise
    Participant
    2 pts

This painting speaks quite eloquently without being too wordy. Nicely done!!

http://mypaintedmemories.wordpress.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/yourwatercolormemory

• #97572 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    9 pts

Thank you my for kind comments. I’m making myself paint just to keep this forum alive. Unfortunately can’t produce anything I like. I was very happy with my old rio Grande gorge painting  (posted maybe a month ago) but now it seem impossible to beat that:)

Im currently in Ukraine and have some spare time to paint but looks like I’m almost have to paint and that makes it hard:)

• #97617 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

I like this painting Alex you have created a great sense of distance

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.