Latest Tutorial Videos Restoring Your Frames – How Do I Do It

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tina Sei. Tina Sei. 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    • Keymaster
    3 pts

Simple frame restoration, dragging a frame out of the 80’s and adding some colour. This short video will give you some Idea of what I do with mine.

• #38580 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Petjoy
    Petjoy
    • Participant
    4 pts

Patrick, this was a great video for painters who want to frame their paintings themselves. Really well done and helpful. Years ago I was always looking for used frames that I could refurbish. One favourite way was to paint a frame white and then spatter it lightly with gold paint. This looked really nice with florals.
    Joyce

• #38605 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Patrick
    Patrick
    • Keymaster
    3 pts

Thanks Joyce I am pleased you found it useful. I like the idea of the white frame then splattered, might have to give that one a go 🙂 If you do anymore please post pictures of them on PW it will give me and others some more ideas .

Patrick

• #38653 Score: 0
    Profile photo of BrianMT
    BrianMT
    • Participant

This is such a great idea. I’d love to have a show, someday. The cost of framing everything has always seemed daunting, though. I’m going to have to be on the look out for frames that can be repurposed like this.

• #38732 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Tina Sei.
    Tina Sei.
    • Participant
    4 pts

Hi Patrick, thanks for this, it’s a great idea. Could you please write the name of the stuff you used as base coat? I’ll see if I can find it or something similar here in NZ.
    And one question, do you buy your mounts or cut them yourself? I bought a 2nd hand mount cutter some time ago but are a bit lost how to use it.
    Thanks.

Tina Sei.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.