Your Watercolour Paintings Quick café sketch

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Lora 4 days, 10 hours ago.

• Author

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

Just a quick sketch done this morning from a photograph. I’m trying to fuss less over details and also I’m more and more drawing directly with ink. I did sketch in the bigger shapes here with a pencil because of the challenging perspective, but none of the details. Doing it this way is much quicker and also forces me to be less perfectionistic about the result.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96961 Score: 0

Brian
    Participant
    18 pts

Lovely. Has a great sense of light.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

• #96963 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

Your sketches better then some paintings I’ve seen and painted:) fantastic! I really like high contrast. But it’s so much more. There’s wide range of light value elements that go well with dark indoor part. Cool!

• #96964 Score: 1

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

I love these sketches, Agathe! They have a graphic novel quality to them and challenge the viewer to wonder at the story behind the sketch.

• #96967 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

LOve them too.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96976 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    10 pts

Superbly done, really like your window series

• #96999 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Wow!

• #97026 Score: 1

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

Superb!   I’m with JudyR – I want to know what she is thinking – her mind so obviously isn’t on the paperwork in front of her.   A perfect example of a picture being worth a thousand words.

• #97042 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

As always, you’ve done a wonderful job on this cafe sketch, Agathe! I love how the lady is looking out the window. 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.