Anything Goes – Well Almost! Pure watercolour

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick 8 months ago.

• Author

Brad
    Participant
    19 pts

it would be a shame to see the community fold now. I understand Martin’s decision but would like the community to continue. Who wants to see pure watercolour continue

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #94771 Score: 2

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Thanks Brad for your support. I can assure you PW will carry on although I will be streamlining it with my other online activities.  The site will be slightly different but the forum will remain for members to upload their own work should they wish. I will also be introducing a weekly activity for artists to take part in.

It’s going to be a lot quieter for a while but I will be pushing the site and its new weekly activity on youtube to bring in new members over the coming weeks.

I just want to mention, I fully support Martin and his new site and wish him all the success that he rightly deserves.

Thanks again for your support.

Patrick

• #94772 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
    Participant
    7 pts

I’m looking forward to seeing the new weekly activity and also where the site is heading now. Although, I don’t get to do any painting at the mo, I’m  still following what’s going on.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #94773 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Thanks Tina, hope you’ll be able to join in once its up and running. Will be a couple of weeks, being realistic.

Patrick

• #94774 Score: 0

mrchirps
    Participant
    4 pts

This is the news I’ve been waiting for from Patrick.  It would have been sad to lose the PW friends who have supported each other and Patrick.  The PW site was getting too cluttered and needed streamlining in my humble opinion.  I’m looking forward to the new format, seeing old friends and to meeting  many new members.

You are heading in a in a new direction, Patrick, and you will be very successful.  Wishing you the best of all things good and a lot of happy painting.  By the way, you look a lot more rested and relaxed after your recent camping trip with your son.  Enjoy those occasions more often.

carol

• #94775 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

I haven’t had much time to paint in the last week, but I still check in to see what’s been posted. I patiently await the new streamlined PW site and what it has to offer. 🙂

• #94789 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

So glad to hear this will continue! Like Judy, I’ve been checking often to see any new posts. I just recently joined and have found this to be an encouraging place to be and have so enjoyed seeing everyone’s artwork. While I am enjoying Martin’s site and his painting challenges, I am so happy to know PW will continue and am excited about Patrick’s new weekly activity! Best of luck Patrick as you streamline everything and thank you for all your hard work helping all of us learn to paint!

• #94792 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Thanks very much for the replies it means a lot to hear from you all.  I will get the things online here as soon as I can, I’m concentrating on getting it right so nothing appears half-baked and ill thought out so please bear with me 🙂  If there are things you would like to see put back onto PW that I’ve removed please don’t hesitate through the messaging system here.

Regarding the new this activity has to be something that is manageable by me, by this I means the amount of time I can devote to it,  as I can’t afford to let other areas slip. I genuinely want to start engaging with members on PW and this is a perfect opportunity to make that happen. Just by my nature my mind can run away with me and promise to much that often leads to disappointment to members and I don’t want that to happen again. I do have some ideas but if any of you have any ideas you would like to share with me please contact me directly.

I super excited about the future of PW and I know just by my presence on Youtube I can bring new members to the site along with the established members that wish to join in PW can be a lively thriving and informed community again.

Ok, I have to go, work calls at 10am 3 days off from tomorrow 🙂 Some other good news I have a week of painting down in the New Forest from the 6th August too 🙂 🙂  so there will be some more Plein air on the way 🙂  have a great day everyone and enjoy your painting.

Patrick

• #94794 Score: 0

casper
    Participant
    5 pts

I definately hope youll keep things running Patrick, ill try and send some suggestions

• #94796 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Thanks Casper, it’s my intention to keep it running. I believe it can run alongside Patreon, youtube, and Udemy and be a very useful resource for all platforms I’m using. I very much appreciate your continued support.

Patrick

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.