This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  JudyR 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Bob Hussey
    Participant
    2 pts

I painted two different pumpkin paintings. I based each on a video by a different watercolor painter that I admire and frequently watch. The painting of three pumpkins is based on a video by Steve Mitchell (the mindofwatercolor) and the other is from a video by Rick Surowicz. The one with many pumpkins is already in a frame and on a decorative set of shelves we have in the living room so there are some extraneous reflections and shadows in the pic.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97115 Score: 0

Bob Hussey
    Participant
    2 pts

Hmmm, only one showed up. Here’s the second painting.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97127 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Both of these are really pretty! The first is my favorite. You did a great job making the pumpkins in both paintings have roundness and depth. 😀

• #97132 Score: 0

Brian
    Participant
    19 pts

Two different styles David and both were successful.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

• #97143 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

Both are excellent, David but my favourite has to be the first one with the multiple pumpkins.   Well Done.

Joy

• #97144 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

Both are excellent, David but my favourite has to be the first one with the multiple pumpkins.   Well Done.

Joy

• #97152 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

I’ve seen both those videos, Bob, and I like yours better!

Paula

• #97155 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

Cool pumpkin paintings. I think second one is more interesting. Pumpkins catch light very nice. Form is spot on. I’m not too keen on background. But I think that what makes pumpkins to stand out.

• #97181 Score: 0

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

Nicely done, Bob. I enjoy Rick S. immensely and think you have most certainly done a frame worthy painting  🙂 the light on the pumpkins of your abstract background adds a wonderful depth to their form.

• #97192 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Both are well done, Bob. The first is nicely drawn and painted and I love the color in the second.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.