This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nikevanlaren 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

I have this nap with prussian blue paint. It is from the professional watercolour series of Winsor and Newton. This paint Will not come off the nap, it is like striking over plastic. So i schraped a bit off with my nail to see it it Will dissolve in water but it Will not. The pigment stays in small grains, it is hardly a paint. Do i just have a bad nap ? or is that always the case? Will a tube be different?

Nike

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #54215 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

hi nike,
    i had have that problem yet but i think you better ask direktly by Winsor and Newton.
    because its not normal that the color will not flow when you put water on it.
    i guess there was some wrong by production.
    maybe they will send you some new nap of color.
    i had have an other problem by an manufakturer of cheap colors, there was an big air bubble between the color layers in the nap.
    greetings wolfgang.

• #54522 Score: 0

Nikevanlaren
      Participant

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for your reply. Well here it is karneval so everything is closed. I spoke someone and he said that it might have been harded out wrong, that this is not okay. I will than try a new one.

Nike

• #54537 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Sorry for my ignorance, but I’m still trying to understand the use of the word “nap.”

And I have no advice to offer–never used anything but tubes. But have had old pigment in the palette crumble and become granulated after adding water.

• #54555 Score: 0

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

Hi Judy, oops “nap” is a dutch word! That is “pan”. But anyway my question had solved because i now see it is probabily a production failure. Thanks for replying!

Nike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.