Your Watercolour Paintings Peach blossoms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Annette 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

A few years ago a peach pit sprouted in our compost heap.  Eventually we moved it to a sunny spot, and last year it was covered in lovely pink blossoms.  However, the squirrels love nice, juicy peaches too, and they stole them out from under our noses! Here is a little sketch of some blossoms on a branch.

Paula

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97678 Score: 0

mrchirps
    Participant
    4 pts

Such a delicate painting Paula.  The pastel colors are beautiful and the white edges of the blossoms stand out against the soft background.   Sorry about your crop disappearing.  Squirrels are hungry little fellows.  I planted blueberry shrubs and the when berries were ready to be picked, they vanished.  Chipmunks…I caught them in the act.  Gave up on being a city farmer. : )

Frame your blossoms.

• #97679 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

Thank you, Carol.  By the way,  I used just three colors: phthalo blue (rs), aureolin yellow, and permanent rose.

• #97683 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

Fantastic looking fresh painting. Highlights are great. And yet very delicate painting. It’s hard to believe you’ve used only 3 primary colors. Very nice!

I know how mean these squirrels can be. We planted quite a few tomato plants on the patio of an apartment last summer. It was a bit of a project to get real soil from the mountains and all the challenge to grow them in high desert climate. We had squirrels checking in every day. But they didn’t seem to be interested. Until majority of tomatoes started ripening. One day all tomatoes were gone. Green, red, didn’t matter.

• #97685 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

Really delightful!  The transparent colours are a good choice for this painting and are harmonious.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.