Your Watercolour Paintings Patrick's Summer cove

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Howard W 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

My attempt at “Summer cove” from Patrick’s Youtube video. I didn’t realize until he painted the structure (still not sure what it is exactly) on the lower right corner that it was even there. (I had a very loose sketch and was painting along) Wish I included it because it’s a nice addition to the composition and the light achieved in that part of the painting is something I would have liked to try to reproduce. I also have too much water above the rocks. But it was an excellent lesson in perspective.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96670 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

nice painting Judy.  I havent seen the video but i will have a look.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96692 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

Excellent attempt at Patrick’s video tutorial. It turned out very nice. Nice fresh colorful grays and juicy greens.

• #96697 Score: 0

PCampbell
    Participant
    2 pts

I love the colors in your darks and I think you’ve captured the sea nicely!

• #96715 Score: 0

brynteg
    Participant
    1 pt

I really like the gorgeous colours you have blended so well in the cliffs,this is a lovely painting.

• #96719 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Thanks, everyone!

• #96728 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

I just love the sketchiness of your paintings, the balance is just right, fresh and not overworked

• #96734 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Judy, this is so beautiful! Love the colors you used. Well done  😀

• #96749 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Well painted Judy.  In some ways, your composition works better. Leaving the details out on the right-hand side helps to keep the viewer’s eye on the page. I find with my painting there is too much is going on in the bottom third of the page and my eye gets drawn down too much.  I like your cottage being the focal point.  A lovely lose painting Judy.

Patrick

• #96834 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

I enjoy your paintings. Please post more…

I need to find Patrick’s painting. I may also attempt painting it.  Looks like a nice lesson adventure.  Ita just that I have so many things planned and so little free time these days.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.