This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Howard W 2 months ago.

• Author

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

I went back to the One Way painting and repainted it.  I like this version much better.  I learned from some of my mistakes on the first.  I still find some things I wish I had done better, but this one will do.  I will take lessons learned and apply them to a new painting.  So the second One Way was painted on Canson XL paper.  This isn’t the best 140 lb watercolor paper.  It doesn’t like to get wet.  I am using this paper for quick sketches and to test my paint values before I place those brush strokes on “serious” paintings.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96292 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

I really like this, Howard, especially the loose style of it and the colors all work well together.  I love the tree trunks and the red on the road and the softness of the foliage on the trees. 😀 As they say, we learn best from making mistakes. Well done! 🙂

• #96305 Score: 0

Patricia L
    Participant
    6 pts

My favourite part of this painting Howard is how you’ve suggested streams of light through the soft trees. Just lovely.

• #96342 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.