Your Watercolour Paintings My version of Patrick's Cornish Coastal Cottage

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Lora 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

I had so much fun painting this after watching Patrick’s video. 🙂 Cornish coastaI scenes are my favorite to paint! I am adjusting to and loving my new Silver Black Velvet  brushes and new Arches CP (Very affordable in the US from Amazon). My late grandmother’s old brushes have reached their sell-by date I think…  I’m not used to such pointed tips on brushes but that’s why I wanted new ones and I love the effects you can get. However, it created too much busyness in the flowers if that makes sense so I went back to the more rounded tip of my old brush to finish the flowers. The flowers and the foliage got a bit overworked and messy in places, but overall I am happy with this. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96030 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

So beautiful, Lora! Love the sky, the cottage is wonderful. Really love everything about it. Doesn’t looked overworked to me, but it’s an easy thing to do with foliage and flowers. I think you did a great job with this composition.

• #96036 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Thank you so much, Judy! 😀

• #96038 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

Lora,

I love the vibrant colors! Great clouds, too.

Paula

• #96039 Score: 0

Domino Marama
    Participant
    5 pts

Nice painting Lora, very serene.

• #96049 Score: 0

DavidG14
    Participant
    14 pts

I too love the Cornish coast although I’ve never been there.  Your colors are spectacular and I love your composition and loose style.  Its everything a watercolor should be.  Well done.

• #96059 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Thanks, Paula, Domino, and David! David, if I ever get to England (my one-of-these-days-dream), Cornwall is first on my list! So beautiful! 😀

• #96063 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

You painted this with much confidence.  It shows. Congratulations…

• #96070 Score: 0

Brian
    Participant
    19 pts

Great painting. The sky and sea are particularly good.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

• #96073 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Thanks so much, Howard and Brian! 😀

• #96212 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

Echo all the above comments you did a terrific job

• #96220 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Thanks so much, Annette! 😀

• #96232 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

You have been busy. Lovely painting.  I like it all but you really have got some great lost and found on those clouds. Lovely combination of soft and hard edges.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96276 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Thanks so much, Brad! I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to successfully paint my clouds like Patrick did in the video, so I was really surprised how they turned out. 😀

• #96235 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Fantastic painting Lora I genuinely prefer it to mine. The sky is superb, the whole painting has a shimmery summer feel to it. Lovely fresh colours, gorgeous piece of work.

Patrick

• #96277 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Wow, Patrick, what a very nice compliment! Thank you so much, that means a lot. 😀 But I think yours is awesome! 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.