Your Watercolour Paintings modelltrain background

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Wolfgang Fuchs 11 months ago.

• Author

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

Hello my watercolor friends,
    last night i made a background for my modelltrain.
    this part waht you see is 44cm long and we use that by our montly meetings in the pub.
    every body has some small part and we do conect it then and let some train run.
    the hight of the background ist 10 cm but i guess 20cm will be better for that.
    so now i can bring my 2 hobbies together, thats what i wanted.
    greetings wolfgang.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #54772 Score: 0

Andy Peters
    Participant

Hi Wolfgang, That looks excellent and helps to give it depth, Good to see I’m not alone, I also paint back scenes for my Model Railways.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • #54779 Score: 0

JudyR
      Participant
      42 pts

That’s quite a setup, Andy! And your backgrounds are wonderful also!

• #54778 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Great background, Wolfgang! Clouds are wonderful!

• #54780 Score: 0

Andy Peters
    Participant

Thanks Judy, Unlike Wolfgang, who has done his in Watercolour, mine are in Acrylic, as you say, Wolfgang’s clouds are wonderful.

• #54787 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

OMG, looks like we need a model railways corner as well as a poets corner now.

Great stuff,

****Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something****

• #54794 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    12 pts

Nice background painting. And those pub nights sound like a lot of fun!
    Paula

• #54884 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
      Participant
      7 pts

This sounds like we need a Purewatercolour pubnight too. 😉

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #54856 Score: 0

Petjoy
    Participant
    4 pts

Lovely paintings, Wolfgang and Andy. Wasn’t sure about what medium Wolfgang used, but I was pretty sure Andy’s were acrylic. I used them for many years until I found the “joy of watercolour”.
    Joyce

• #54879 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

andy, great backgrounds, is it H0 scale?
    my modeltrain is z scale 1:220.

@petjoy i used watercolor for the background, the house is a papermodel what i paintet with schoolcolors.
    @merrymouse, well modeltrain hobby has many different parts of art, also i make some trees by my own from some plants and other stuff.
    now this time the modelltrain hobby is mostly used by old people because the kids have more fun by using pc games and such things. they dont know what they could learn during the modelltrain hobby.
    it starts with handcraft work like the work with lumber, then the electrical stuff, work with colors build landscapes with different materials. so you can learn creativity at all.
    but by pc games they only learn waste time …
    that is a sad thing.
    @ paula, it is a lot of fun, special when we let run the trains around the dishes 🙂
    we meet us in an xxl restaurant the portions are very big mostly i bring some tupperware for my beef ….

• #54880 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

by the way, this is my modul layout length is 270 cm the train is 150cm ….

have a little fun by watching

• #54886 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
    Participant
    7 pts

This is great. Really nice backgrounds, Wolfgang and Andy. This brings a whole new dimension to watercolours.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #54897 Score: 0

Brian McC
    Participant

Guys awesome!!
    And Wolfgang, I am sorry to say you are very right about PC games and the impact on today’s youth. I also see a lack of physical activity and outdoor interest.. sad

Just watched your youtube post Thank you!!!

• #54919 Score: 0

Andy Peters
    Participant

Hi Wolfgang, Mine is British OO Gauge and my back Scenes are done in Acrylic as per my Painting Demo I did at our Club Room, (see my You Tube Demo in my top post).

Yours in the Pub sounds like fun.

• #54920 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

Andy, I’ve just sent a link to your video to a friend of mine who is designing some sort of electronic chip system for controlling tracks sounds etc. He goes to conventions allover Europe.

Mark

****Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something****

• #54928 Score: 0

Andy Peters
    Participant

Thanks Mark, I’m fully Digital Command Controlled / DCC.Sound / Lights etc.

Wolfgang, SORRY for hijacking your thread and super Backscene painting work.

• #55013 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

no problem andy,
    i also use dcc with sound, a friend of mine produce dekoder_platines for easy chanching with the original platines but only for the z scale.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.