This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  PCampbell 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

PCampbell
    Participant
    2 pts

Driving through Missouri on our way home, I snapped a picture of this farm out the window. This is a pretty normal scene driving through the Midwest of the US. I’ve cleaned it up a bit as I think the actual place was abandoned.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96684 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

This is a lovely painting! Well drawn and painted. You did a nice job cleaning it up as the barns look well kept. I actually love painting old and abandoned objects and buildings. Oddly, they appeal to me.

• #96690 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    9 pts

Nice painting. Excellent green colors. I ask this all the time, what did you use to mix your green colors. Foreground specially.  Thanks

• #96694 Score: 0

PCampbell
    Participant
    2 pts

Thanks, Judy! I mostly “cleaned up” some of the vegetation and dropped one building out altogether.

Alex, I used a simple palette of cobalt blue, French ultramarine, lemon yellow, new gamboge, pyrole red, Pyrrol Scarlet, Payne’s grey, and some burnt sienna. The foreground was probably a mix of cobalt blue and new gamboge but I may have used the for ultra marine. I can’t remember exactly. I copied what Patrick has taught me in his Udemy classes. Put the 3 primaries in a mixing area and just drew from each changing it up a bit as I went. I relied heavily on a scrap piece of paper to test out the greens as I went.

• #96716 Score: 0

brynteg
    Participant
    1 pt

I really like the feeling of light in your painting and the interesting zig zag way of leading the eye to the focal point. It is great to see local buildings,  I think that often scruffy is full of character!

• #96730 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

How lovely, you have kept your colours nice and fresh, its a very pleasing painting

• #96736 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Very pretty painting! 😀

• #96750 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Very nicely painted. Nice range of greens. You have created a lovely feeling of heat and light. I love the way the light is bouncing off the bard roofs. Splendid! 🙂

Patrick

• #96801 Score: 0

PCampbell
    Participant
    2 pts

Thank you all!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.