Your Watercolour Paintings Midway Plein Air Sketchbook Entry

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Howard W 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Today I promised to take my Annie for a ride in our canyons and mountains to see the fall colors. We drove to Kamas where we bought their famous donuts at its Chevron station. From there we traveled through Francis near its rodeo grounds. The Paramount Yellowstone series is currently being filmed at the Utah Film Studios in Park City. I heard from a person who lives in Kamas that the Yellowstone crew were filming at this rodeo arena this past week.  No one was there today. We drove along Wolf Creek and could see freshly fallen snow on the high mountain peaks nearby. We took several photographs along Wolf Creek and at the overlook at Jordanelle Reservoir.  If some of the photographs turn out well I may paint one or two scenes later.

We then drove to the Wasatch State Park golf course in Midway. We ate lunch there and I painted this scene from the golf club’s deck while we ate.

Deer and turkeys entertained us as they walked through its fairways.

This was a good day…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96925 Score: 0

Jim
    Participant
    3 pts

Sounds like you had a great time Howard and to produce a lovely moment in time like your sketch  whist your out is a achievement I would be proud off. Well done.

Jim

• #96926 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Jim, yes yesterday was a great time spent with my Annie and was a lovely day. Many good lifetime memories have been made in this beautiful place.

My sketch will help my memories linger and will allow them to be passed on…

While I am still impressed with the colors I saw shining through these tree leaves, I hope I can create an image in my studio that is worthy of what Mother Nature was showing us for our amazement.

I am reminded that from this same deck my Annie took a photograph of me years ago that I continue to use as my profile image here and elsewhere.  That younger man no longer exists, but the good memories are remembered like they were just experienced yesterday.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.