Paint With Patrick Mevagissey Cornwall

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Annette 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

DavidG14
    Participant
    13 pts

Wow-what a great tutorial.  Too much to follow exactly and I may have changed the light source but this was a lot of fun.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96072 Score: 0

Brian
    Participant
    18 pts

Nice painting David and typical of your style, only small point I’d make is the boat masts are going behind the boat. You need to extend them down into the boat but a great pic.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

• #96084 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Wow, David, this is excellent! I think this is a bit looser than your usual paintings (not including your sketches from your trip) and I really love it! The shadows on the buildings are excellent and so are your boats and the sunlight sparkling on the water. I want to try this soon as it is a really nice scene. 😀

• #96090 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Lovely painting David full of light and lots of clarity. Would second the mast issue need to go into the boat. I would love to see the same clarity that you have in this painting mixed up with the looseness you demonstrated in your sketchbooks. It’s great to see you take on the painting there is a lot going on so it’s not as easy as it may appear at first. Lovely work.

Patrick

• #96174 Score: 0

Patricia L
    Participant
    6 pts

Wow David, you’ve taken on a tough one here and done a really good job, so light and bright. I can only agree with what the others have said.

• #96208 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    10 pts

Well done on such a complex scene, lively and bright, very uplifting

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.