Anything Goes – Well Almost! members gallery

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

RobertF
    Participant
    14 pts

why did you delete all the paintings in the members gallery?

• #95187 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    27 pts

I dont know I did Robert. Great to see you back 🙂

Patrick

• #95190 Score: 0

RobertF
      Participant
      14 pts

It’s a shame that it mistakenly got deleted. So many wonderful paintings there. Life goes on..

I pop on every now and then to see whats new.. I am looking forward to see what you do with the site.

I’ve been busy painting but have not had the time to paint something for me..

• #95191 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    1 pt

Even before all the changes, I was only able to access the members gallery maybe 3 times…sometimes it was there, but more often it wasn’t. Maybe some weird glitch. There’s a gremlin on the loose! 😂

Robert, hope you get to paint something for yourself soon! 😊

• #95192 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    27 pts

Not mistakenly, Robert, If I deleted them I would have meant too. All the photo are in the backend of PW I would never have deleted others work without discussing it first with members.  I am spending time reorganizing PW to make it simpler for me to handle. The reason for this is time is limited,  managing websites making and editing videos takes a great deal of time so my aim is to slim it all down a bit while retaining what is of the most important to enable members to enjoy and improve their watercolor painting.  As I work things out on PW the member’s gallery of paintings will reappear. 🙂

Patrick

• #95193 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    14 pts

All of that makes sense.. There is only so much time in the day.. It sounds like you may be sacrificing your painting time.. That’s your most important asset..  Don’t forget that!

I’m happy about the Gallery coming back.. But I also understand there is only so much you can do on a website and only so much resource available for you to work with..

I’ve been playing on Yupo.. Have you tried that? I’ve attached one of my more successful paintings.. It certainly is an interesting journey on this surface..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • #95196 Score: 0

JudyR
      Participant
      37 pts

Wow! That’s wonderful, Robert! With your talent, you would achieve success on any surface 🙂

• #95203 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    1 pt

Ditto what Judy said! I can’t imagine you ever having bad painting days! I really love your Yupo paintings. 🙂

• #95239 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    27 pts

All of that makes sense.. There is only so much time in the day.. It sounds like you may be sacrificing your painting time.. That’s your most important asset.. Don’t forget that! I’m happy about the Gallery coming back.. But I also understand there is only so much you can do on a website and only so much resource available for you to work with.. I’ve been playing on Yupo.. Have you tried that? I’ve attached one of my more successful paintings.. It certainly is an interesting journey on this surface..

I get what you’re saying about sacrificing painting time,  to be honest, Robert I get more pleasure out of looking at what others are doing than what I can do myself. Long gone are the days I had high aspirations of being somebody known in the world of watercolour my talent is limited and my threshold has been reached now I just enjoy sharing and encouraging.

Never tried Yupo I know Martin did with very exciting effects. Your portrait is superb,  you’ve caught the character and mood perfectly. Always enjoy viewing your work. Hope to see more in the future.

Patrick

• #95366 Score: 2

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

I get what you’re saying about sacrificing painting time,  to be honest, Robert I get more pleasure out of looking at what others are doing than what I can do myself. Long gone are the days I had high aspirations of being somebody known in the world of watercolour my talent is limited and my threshold has been reached now I just enjoy sharing and encouraging.

Your threshold certainly has not been reached, Patrick, I haven’t been on PW for months and months and absolutely see  improvement in your work. My thoughts are that because you are knowledgeable and proficient in painting – changes don’t come in leaps and bounds; instead, the depth, details and technique in your paintings are outstanding and growing. Definite refinement.

• #95391 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    27 pts

Thanks, Kate for your kind words.  I think you’re right about improvements it’s making all the videos that have done it because I am always analyzing what I’m doing to make sure they’re suitable for others to learn from.  When I used to have my own studio and gallery I never expected my life to turn this way into more of a teaching role.  I definitely prefer this as I would have hated having to continue dealing with the public trying to sell my work.

Patrick 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.