This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  DavidG14 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

The autumn colors here in Connecticut this year are gorgeous! Today I traced a maple leaf (twice) in my sketch book, then tried painting them with a limited palette of madder lake deep, ultramarine blue, and cadmium lemon.  One I did wet on dry, and the other wet on wet.  After that I did some glazing to intensify the colors. It was a fun exercise, and I discovered a beautiful green!

Paula

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Paula.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97166 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

Very nice Paula. First one has nice glow to it. I think because of background complimentary I think.  Good shape of the leafs too

• #97169 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

These are beautiful, Paula! I love the reddish color added to both leaves. 😀

• #97174 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

Beautiful, Paula.   I love the glorious colours of autumn.

• #97180 Score: 0

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

Great seasonal addition to your sketchbook!

• #97193 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Beautifully painted, Paula!

• #97207 Score: 0

PeteS
    Participant
    1 pt

Lovely Paula – aren’t the colours lovely this time of year – I love how you’ve captured that autumn glow with the wet in wet colours. We have loads by me at the moment – I picked a few up while walking the dog on Saturday and painted one in my sketch book too, but just normal sketch paper. The colours really stand out on yours.

• #97209 Score: 0

DavidG14
    Participant
    13 pts

You have captured the maples very well.  We took a ride to the Finger Lakes two weeks ago but it was too early and we didn’t see much color.  And I think there are not so many maples that provide the yellows, oranges and reds. Last week in NJ was quite beautiful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.