Your Watercolour Paintings Male Portrait

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  JudyR 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

8×10 Watercolor on Yupo

The Challenge site has been keeping busy but I did find time to play with my technique on Yupo..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96085 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Wow, Robert, this is amazing! So glad you had time to do this one. 😀 It seems like this would be kind of difficult to do on Yupo, but you’ve done great! I love the eyes and the expression you’ve captured in his face. Wonderful 😀

• #96089 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Very nice indeed Robert, you have a natural talent for Portraits. Great work.

Patrick

• #96110 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

Very nice indeed Robert, you have a natural talent for Portraits. Great work. Patrick

Thanks.. Yupo is very interesting.. You should give it a try.. It would be interesting to see your painting style on the Yupo

• #96111 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

So many other things I would like to try first Robert. Maybe one day  🙂

Patrick

• #96115 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

So many other things I would like to try first Robert. Maybe one day 🙂 Patrick

You’ve been playing on Hot Press.. I’m not sure what paper you are using, but I found the 25% cotton is more interesting than the 100% cotton. I like painting portraits on the HP.. You can scrub/blend and the paper holds up well.. I can’t recall seeing you scrub in any of your vids.. I see you do some lifting, but not scrub..

• #96121 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

Oh wow! I still haven’t tried to paint on Yupo, but it’s on my list of things I want to try! How did you find it? Love what you accomplished here!

• #96194 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

I just noticed one pupil is slightly larger.. Ill fix that.. You can erase on Yupo

• #96197 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

What is Yupo

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96198 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

What is Yupo

Its a synthetic paper.. basically its a plastic.. If you like painting on glass,, this is for you.. Watercolor is very interesting on it as it sits on top and doesnt soak in..  Everyone should give it a try at least one time..

• #96201 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

What is Yupo

Its a synthetic paper.. basically its a plastic.. If you like painting on glass,, this is for you.. Watercolor is very interesting on it as it sits on top and doesnt soak in.. Everyone should give it a try at least one time..

Whys that? I’d rather paint on paper more environmentally friendly.

Patrick

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Patrick.
  • #96209 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    11 pts

Oh, amazing!  i find yupo difficult, no trouble to you though, wow!

• #96250 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

What is Yupo

Its a synthetic paper.. basically its a plastic.. If you like painting on glass,, this is for you.. Watercolor is very interesting on it as it sits on top and doesnt soak in.. Everyone should give it a try at least one time..

Whys that? I’d rather paint on paper more environmentally friendly. Patrick

What an odd thing to say Patrick.. Besides, <b>YUPO</b> is 100% <b>recyclable</b> and tree-free.

• #96345 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

A very nice portrait.

I had no idea what Yupo was.  So thanks for the explanations.

This portrait is our Patrick, right? If not, it must be one of his family members…

• #96550 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

Another awesome painting Robert! I’ve been away for a while. Will try to catch up with your  paintings. Considering it’s painted on yupo wow!

• #96572 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Fabulous work as always, Robert–your skill with portraits is evident whatever paper you use 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.