This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

hi my watercolor friends,
    today i show you how to copy sketches or pictures.
    i will show you my selfmade lightbox.
    its just a plastik storage box with an clear top and i put an led handlamp inside.
    at the top i put the motive that i want copy and then an pergamentpaper where we wrap our sandwiches.
    then i on the light in the box an i can see well the picture, sketch on the pergament paper.
    i follow the lines with an pen until i have captured the motive.
    after this i bend over the pergament paper and black it with an very soft pencil (2B) special at the lines what i can see.
    then i lay the paper on my drawingpaper with the blackpaintet side on it and i draw the lines with an ballpen.
    after that i have the motive at my drawing paper and can work it out with a pen or ink. then i can paint it with watercolors.

i hope this will be help and usefull for you too.
    greetings wolfgang.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #59598 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

So resourceful, Wolfgang!

• #59623 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
    Participant
    7 pts

Good idea and so simple.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #59648 Score: 0

Patricia L
    Participant
    6 pts

This is great Wolfgang. I wasn’t able to imagine it when you were describing it in chat, but I see now. Nice job.

• #59660 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Perfect solution and an inexpensive way of transferring images. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

Patrick

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.