Your Watercolour Paintings Leasowes Woods

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Brad
    Participant
    19 pts

From the photo posted this week

Take time to look and make sure you see.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96055 Score: 0

DavidG14
    Participant
    15 pts

Very nice. Did you lift for the trees? I can’t imagine painting around them.

I wonder if you made the foliage around the bridge a little darker would make it even better. Your leaves are great. Not sure how you did them as it looks like thousands of brush strokes. The right tree is superb.

• #96056 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    19 pts

It’s mainly a basic wash and lots of dry brush work to suggest foliage

• #96075 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

This is beautiful, Brad! I like it so much better than the photo. And what a great idea to use dry brush for foliage, it really works here. Well done. 😀

• #96079 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

Well done. Superb brushwork

• #96094 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

I like this a lot brad. Nice use of greens with the addition of some great textures in the foreground makes for a super painting. So much going on,  your eye is cleverly drawn to the waterfall in the distance.  Very nice indeed Brad thanks for sharing.

Patrick

• #96140 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

Very beautiful and special painting. Amazing eye for details. Love the scratched branches in the front and the almost opaque looking greens. The light shining on the tree trunks is beautiful. You’ve done very well with this one!

• #96171 Score: 0

Patricia L
    Participant
    6 pts

This is so nicely done Brad. I’m especially enjoying the skilled dry brush work, but that lovely waterfall in the background really makes it, to my eye anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

• #96255 Score: 0

nickcobler
    Participant

Really like this — nicely done Brad. The dry brush really works and like how you have framed the focal point with various elements. Thanks for sharing your work!

• #96297 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    19 pts

Thank you everyone for your comments.  When the painting started and the first washes applied i nearly screwed it up.  So lesson learned, don’t give up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.