This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  DavidG14 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Brian
    Participant
    19 pts

An 8*6in watercolour. I rarely do still life paintings so would be interested in what people think.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97054 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

Brian,

The looseness and the colors give this painting a lovely, fresh look.  The sunshine on the wall is a nice touch. Could you add something to the empty space on the upper left?

Paula

• #97055 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

Nice choice in wine.  Anyway, i think that’s a lovely painting

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #97057 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    2 pts

It’s a very nice still life, Brian and I do like the sunshine effect.   The only trouble is it takes your eye straight out of the picture.   I agree with Paula – compositionally you need something to draw the eye back in.

• #97109 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    11 pts

Very nice Brian, its good to try something different, I like the looser way you have handled this.  Btw, have you pinched Charles Reid’s duck! Lol!

• #97131 Score: 0

Brian
    Participant
    19 pts

Very nice Brian, its good to try something different, I like the looser way you have handled this. Btw, have you pinched Charles Reid’s duck! Lol!

Noticed that did you. Been talking/following Chris Petri, one of Charles’ students and it just crept in,lol. Swapped a pic with Chris like we did.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

• #97139 Score: 0

DavidG14
    Participant
    14 pts

I haven’t tried a still-life in a long time and am reluctant to be negative as I like the decoy, the looseness and the window shadow.   But. my understanding is there shouldn’t be too many disparate elements and you have the duck, books, fruit, wine, flowers, art supplies and a clock.

I haven’t seen your work recently. Maybe you’re posting on Martin’s site and I haven’t been there in a while.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.