This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 4 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author

Marita
    Participant
    4 pts

Painted from a photo made by 1mountaingirl (PMP) , it was a real challenge to paint.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Marita.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97218 Score: 0

Jim
    Participant
    3 pts

You have a lovely look and colour to your water and the rocks are excellent, well done

jim

• #97224 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Beautiful painting, Marita! I especially love the rocks. 😀

• #97230 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

Wonderful colors.  The water and air look so fresh and clean!

Paula

• #97231 Score: 0

DavidG14
    Participant
    13 pts

Gorgeous sky and i like the way you transition the water from blue to green.

• #97236 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

Fantastic painting. Colors are very nice and fresh. You’ve captured weather perfectly. Freshness in the air and clear blue sky. Water is awesome to. From reflection of the sky to the translucent part where you can see yellow sandy bottom. I only could think of softening some edges on further rocks. To make them sit back in the distance. Thanks for posting it !

• #97240 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

Not an easy one, Marita and you’ve done really well with it.   I agree with Alex – the background rocks are well done but they come forward just a little too much.   You could either soften them a little and add a little reflection beneath to make them sit down in the water or darken the foreground rocks so that everything else sits back.     The only other thing you might want to watch is to make sure your horizon line on the water is perfectly straight and level.

Overall, a really good job.

Joy

• #97241 Score: 0

Marita
    Participant
    4 pts

Thanks everyone for the tips and the compliments  🙂

• #97242 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

Very nice indeed. You really have captured the rock giving the impression of lovely clear shallow waters.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.