Paint With Patrick Two Boats Keyhaven boats ll

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JudyR 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Rather than do the painting over, I tried to add a light source to the original. Unfortunately, I wound up with green in the sky–I’ve since ruined it completely trying to get rid of the green. But I also deepened the color on the tarp on the shade side and inside the small boat, on the shade side and deeper shadow underneath. I added a bit of “sunshine” to the foreground. It wasn’t an ideal solution or a complete success, but I think I alleviated the “flat look somewhat and added a little depth.

Made a bird out of the errant splatter too. 🙂

I’ve attached the original too for comparison.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Patrick.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #95326 Score: 2

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

That works better for me Judy the painting looks warmer and more inviting glow. I wished I’d gone for a stronger light source when I was doing the Plein air it looks much better.  Love the seagull, your splatter was perfectly placed in my opinion 🙂  I find with Cerulean blue it’s so easy to make the green in the sky.

Patrick

• #95375 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

I like the warm glow, Judy, and your added shadows really bring that glow to life. Beautiful! 😊

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.