Your Watercolour Paintings Ink and Wash x 2

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  DebbyN. 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

DebbyN.
    Participant

I did a couple of ink and wash paintings for my painting class. Struggled with the sky wash on the lighthouse–I NEVER mix enough paint and it started to dry while mixing more. I always enjoy these, it’s like coloring books 🙂

Oops, sorry, two more portrait pics. I hope you aren’t on a desk top computer 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #53934 Score: 0

Anonymous
    22 pts

Both are incredible – the rigging is perfection and the lighthouse shadows are so good! Love both of these!

• #53935 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

wow i wish i can draw like that……..
    good work,
    greetings wolfgang.

• #53938 Score: 0

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

Like it very much! Pen always gives more expression. Have you first used a pencil or can you draw easily with pen? I have micropens/fineliners in all sizes but i always wonder how people can do smooth/ easy drawings with those on cotton or cols pressed paper even. I find them stiff. Do you have advice?

Nike

• #53961 Score: 0

DebbyN.
      Participant

Nike, I will either draw the main things in with pencil and trace over those, adding the details straight with the pen (the lighthouse), or I’ll draw the image on a piece of paper in pencil and then trace it with pen using a light table (the rigging).

• #53943 Score: 0

Brian McC
    Participant

Love “maritime ” art. wonderful job
    A “personal thing ” I like to use more shadow on my light houses to emphasis the round shape.
    I would love to be able to paint/ draw rigging 1/2 as well as you do
    Brian McC

• #53946 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Anything to do with maritime I love. Crisp and clean looking, nice amount of detail without looking overworked. I love both but particularly the one looking up the mast makes me feel a bit giddy.

Great work Debby 🙂

Patrick

• #53955 Score: 0

Anonymous
    27 pts

Superb paintings Debby, such clarity and freshness to them both. All that rigging, you must have the patience of a saint!

• #53962 Score: 0

DebbyN.
    Participant

Thanks everyone!! My son had “borrowed” my cellphone on a trip to Jamestown, Va and filled it with photos of the rigging–engineers;) So, I decided to draw one for him to keep:) Pen does kinda defeat the whole learn to paint loose thing for me, though…..

• #53968 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

They are both so good, but I really love the one with the mast and rigging!
    Paula

• #54003 Score: 0

DebbyN.
    Participant

Thank you, Paula 🙂

• #54069 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Excellent paintings, Debbie!

• #54075 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    9 pts

Excellent paintings! My favorite is the lighthouse. I perticulary like purple hue sky. It gives great contrast to lighthouse. Great use of complementary colors.

• #54106 Score: 0

DebbyN.
    Participant

Thanks Judy and Alex:)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.