Introduce Yourself Hello Everyone

This topic contains 11 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  harryd 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Samantha
    Participant

Hi I’m Samantha from Preston, UK. I’ve always had an interest in art ever since school but over the years I have had little time to indulge in this passion due to work commitments. I recently suffered a bad cycling accident so am finding that as I recover I have quite a bit of time on my hands that I want to use to do something creative with and take my mind off my injuries. A few days ago I came across Patrick Ley-Greaves’ videos on YouTube and I have been hooked. I’m so eager to learn and get back into painting.

• #54922 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

Welcome Samantha, you’ve landed in a great place. We’re a very friendly and supportive bunch from the four quarters of the globe. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Mark

****Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something****

• #54924 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

Hello! Welcome aboard.

• #54927 Score: 0

Brian McC
    Participant

Merrymouse said it well

As a fellow “newbe” Welcome!
    I have been “away” from art for several years and have been frustrated by how “slow” my skill has been coming back …..and then last night as I was going thru the form I realized I had NOT taken advantage of the resources right here on the site….right there at the very top of the page was the “link” to the NEW BEGINNERS SITE.. Duh!!!
    so in addition to doing and posting “Challenges” I’ll be doing the lessons on the new beginners site
    Again. welcome! Glad you are joining us on the journey.
    Brian McC

• #54929 Score: 0

Andy Peters
    Participant

Patrick’s You Tube Videos are very addictive, I’ve recently joined and found the welcome amazing. relax and enjoy.

• #54935 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

Hi Samantha, welcome! You will be painting in no time, look forward to seeing your paintings

• #54945 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Welcome, Samantha! Glad to have you join us. As has been said, this is a safe and encouraging place for you to test the water(color) 😉 Post your work whenever you’re comfortable.

• #54957 Score: 0

jezzy
    Participant

Hello Samantha. Patrick’s YouTube videos are super. I look forward to seeing your paintings.

• #54962 Score: 0

Anonymous
    27 pts

Hi Samantha Welcome to the site and indeed to the forums, please feel free to post any comments or questions within the forums and when you feel ready to share we would love to see your work.

Happy Painting

• #55001 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
    Participant
    7 pts

Welcome, Samantha. Hope your recovery goes well and you have a lot of fun ‘playing’ with watercolour.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #55029 Score: 0

Wolfgang Fuchs
    Participant
    1 pt

welcome samantha,
    if you try the weekly or monthly challenges then you can see also how different the other people paint the same theme.
    so any picture is individual and different but you can see what other people made better or they do what you liked to do so you can also ask about the technics and such things.
    greetings wolfgang.

• #55030 Score: 0

harryd
    Participant
    2 pts

Hi Samantha, welcome to the site. I am sure you will enjoy your time here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.