This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AlexK 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

This place is in New Mexico. Near by is popular mountain bike trails and this mesa is always cool view, I think top layer is pure gypsum. They mine it on top, but I think they left edge untouched to save the natural look.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97674 Score: 0

mrchirps
    Participant
    4 pts

Alex, another great southwestern landscape.  You captured the sunlight and feeling of distance.  Your rectangular paper is well suited for the desert scenery.  Keep up the good work and narrative.

• #97675 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

Your greens in this one are very natural looking.  I like the long horizontal format, too.

• #97703 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

Thank your Carol and Paula! It’s interesting that this paper size seemed very inconvenient at first. There’s no space for sky. But because of that I simply can’t paint an ugly sky. Just simple graded wash and leave it there. Greens are simply 2 colors. Prussian blue and Indian yellow PY 110. It’s so frustrating that all these replacement permanent yellow colors are so different from different brands. This combination is closest match to my all times favorite white nights green PG-8.

It was  Interesting for me to to find new gray color I’ve used for mesa. Combination of yellow ocher and ultramarine blue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.