Your Watercolour Paintings Going up in size

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  AlexK 1 week ago.

• Author

AlexK
    Participant
    6 pts

I’ve painted and posted first version of this scene not too long ago. And I thought first one turned out better. I typically paint on 1/8 of a sheet of paper. I’m pretty familiar with size and how much paint I need to mix. Sho going to  1/2  sheet is a bit of a challenge.  Still. Here it is. Thanks for watching. So this is from a newspaper and image was poor quality and low saturation. That’s actually pretty good. I tried to recreate basic shape of the mesa. And my trees suck! I know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97356 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

Great painting! I like the colors and shadows.

Paula

• #97359 Score: 0

mrchirps
    Participant
    4 pts

Nice shadows and the trees look good to me.  Deserts are beautiful subjects.  Paint more.

• #97362 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

I think this is excellent! I really like the shadows and the green areas and that bit of purple at the back. Your mesa is very good, too. 🙂

• #97363 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    6 pts

Thanks everyone! I will try to paint better next time.

• #97369 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    2 pts

Nice one, Alex and congratulations on having the courage to go large.   I bet this looks simply magnificent at full size.

Joy

• #97391 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    11 pts

Awesome Alex! Did you use larger brushes when you chose to paint on a larger paper?

• #97398 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      6 pts

Hi Annette! It’s good to see you back. I did use larger brushes. I have few hake brushes I used for larger washes. Turned out they are pretty nice. I also have amerian journey interlocked nylon 1-1/2 wide and that one is pretty useless. Holds nice edge but no water in it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.