Your Watercolour Paintings First sketchbook page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  brynteg 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

Here’s a sketch I did today in the first page of my new Moleskine that I got as a replacement for the faulty one. This is actually inspired by Patricia from a sketch I saw in one of her videos. Seemed like a perfect way to start fill a first page and at the same time showcase some of my new paints! It’s not the first time I’ve found my inspiration in Patricia’s sketchbooks. 😉

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96794 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Great sketch, Agathe! The black of the tubes looks like plastic, so sleek and shiny. And the gray metallic top of the tube is also well done. You have a great talent for pen and wash.

• #96807 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

@judyr Thank you! The black parts are done with a brush pen. I find it gives much better contrasts than filling in the area with paint or a fountain pen so I started doing that to get the shiny effects when I paint black things. 🙂

• #96835 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

With such great sketchbook entries like yours, I’ll never get the courage to paint in my sketchbooks. We’ll see.  I promised my Annie that this Friday we will venture into our canyons and mountains to capture this fall’s colors.

• #96843 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

@hdwalters Haha, thank you Howard! This is my third Moleskine though so I’ve had a bit of practice by now. And I am very careful not to be too precious about it and allow myself lots of room for experiments. If I really, really dislike a result, I’ll glue over the page with something else and make it more of a scrapbook page. I’ve discovered though that it only really happens if I do something half heartedly. If I give it my best shot, even if I fail at my intention, I can always find something to appreciate in it.

• #96853 Score: 0

brynteg
    Participant
    1 pt

This is a great way to start a new sketchbook, I love the way you have shown the colours flowing out from the tubes. I look forward to seeing this sketchbook grow with lots of fun ideas and beautiful sketching.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.