Your Watercolour Paintings First Pen and Washes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lora 2 months ago.

• Author

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

These are my first attempts at pen and wash and I have to say I was surprised at how much fun I had doing these. Of course, I had to sketch some with pencil first as drawing does not come naturally easy for me, though it’s getting easier with practice. My goal wasn’t getting perspective just right on these, but more trying to be nice and loose and not so perfect. 😀

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96225 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

And one last one….definitely didn’t try too hard on getting perspective just right on this one. lol

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Lora.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96230 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

I love, totaly the one with chimney.  Its really good

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96278 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Thank you very much, Brad, I had so much fun painting these. 😀

• #96234 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    10 pts

These are great! I love your line! I love doing pen and wash, but I tend to do continuous lines with the pen, and that can look a little stiff. Your broken lines give the paintings so much life!

• #96279 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Thanks so much, Agathe! Let me tell you the secret to how I make my lines and crazy little marks with the pen…my hand gets a little shaky when holding a pen because I know I can’t erase it! LOL So the nervousness works in my favor thank goodness! 😀

• #96244 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    11 pts

These are delightful

• #96280 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Thanks so much, Annette! 😀

• #96259 Score: 0

brynteg
    Participant
    1 pt

Hi ,I love these sketches and what interesting subject matter, have you been in the garage? That strip of yellow in the sketch of the valve is really clever and adds balance and life.

• #96281 Score: 0

Lora
      Participant
      2 pts

Thanks so much, brynteg! Your comment gave me a much needed chuckle! 😀 I thought to myself, well, I certainly haven’t seen anything in my husband’s garage that looks as interesting or colorful as these cans. LOL These were all done from photos online. 🙂 I wasn’t sure whether I should put in the yellow behind that spigot valve thingy (it was the background in the photo), but it sounds like that was the right decision. To the left of that yellow was a pale pink, but it doesn’t show up real well in this post. lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.