Your Watercolour Paintings Direct painting trial

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tina Sei. 1 year ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    27 pts

Hi all,

I have always wanted to be able to paint direct, rather than relying on initial pencil sketches. I understand that this is not always a viable option but I am determined to give it a go and see what comes of it. Below are some examples that i tried today:

As always all comments and critiques welcomed.

• #55523 Score: 0

Petjoy
    Participant
    4 pts

Really well done. Martin. The hardest thing is to get the proper shape when you don’t draw it first, but you have done it here. Good work.
    Joyce

• #55577 Score: 0

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    That way of painting you seem to do easily. (Don’t know the expression in English ). Looking like a modern piece of artwork!

Nike

• #55600 Score: 0

jezzy
    Participant

Good shapes! Well done for no pre-drawing.

• #55637 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
    Participant
    7 pts

Hi Martin, great start to ‘letting go’. Did you like this exercise? I really enjoy painting without pre-sketch, it makes me pay more attention to what I’m doing.
    Nice work.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

• #55683 Score: 0

Anonymous
      27 pts

Hi TIna, i really did enjoy painting in this way it felt somewhat liberating and less pressured even though it requires more concentration. I shall continue and see where it leads me…………. thanks to all for the comments

• #55693 Score: 0

Tina Sei.
      Participant
      7 pts

Isn’t that great? I feel exactly the same.

Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try. (J. Canfield)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.