Anything Goes – Well Almost! Cyber Attacks???

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dee 1 month ago.

• Author

Howard W
    Participant
    12 pts

I received a strange email message yesterday requesting me to engage a person through their private email address. It had a reference implying it was from Purewatercolour.com. I marked it as spam and deleted it. Also I haven’t been able to access this site all day yesterday. Instead of the “seeing” its login page, I was getting a message stating something like “resource limits exceeded”.  Is it me, or are hackers attacking our membership site? Should I be taking some defensive measures for protection like change my password, etc?

• #95467 Score: 1

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

Hi Howard. There has been a problem with a spamming member the account has now been deleted so the problem should not happen again.  There has also been an issue with the resource limit reached this is now being looked into and the problem will soon be rectified. You don’t need to worry about password etc all your information is fine. Hackers aren’t attacking the PW  they just used the members’ function to email each other for spamming purposes. Hope to see some more paintings real soon 🙂

Patrick

• #95601 Score: 1

Paula
      Participant
      10 pts

I just received another similar message asking me to reply via private email.

Paula

• #95503 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    10 pts

I got a similar message. It was quite strange, in fact, addressing me as “my dear.”

Paula

• #95545 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

I got a similar message. It was quite strange, in fact, addressing me as “my dear.” Paula

Sorry about that Paula the spammer/con artist has now been removed from the website.

Patrick

• #95603 Score: 0

peter.morris
    Participant

I’m afraid I just received a similar email, soliciting me to contact a very new member via their private email address. Needless to say, the email had no content relating to art or painting in any way 🙁

• #95616 Score: 0

Dee
    Participant

Keran (new member) seems to be sending spam.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.