Your Watercolour Paintings Central Park in Winter

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brad 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

I did this in my sketchbook yesterday at art group. I found the reference photo on-line.  I simplified the image quite a bit and used ultramarine, payne’s gray, viridian, burnt sienna, raw sienna, and white gouache for spatter at the end.  Maybe I’ll try this again on bigger paper (after my second cataract surgery when I will be able to see clearly).

Paula

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97424 Score: 1

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

Wow you’re good Paula! Your painting has fantastic clarity and depth. I’m jealous:) painting looks very simple and yet so complete. You did a great job simplifying the subject.

I hope you eye sight will be perfect again. Sorry to hear that. It’s something we take for granted.

• #97427 Score: 0

mrchirps
    Participant
    4 pts

You’ve captured the beauty of a New York winter afternoon.  Lovely soft colors.

Good luck with your surgery.       I look forward to your larger rendition of this sketch

Carol

• #97438 Score: 0

Kate
    Participant

Lovely, Paula. I am using a version of this for one of my Christmas cards.

Really pleasant soft effect like walking there on a snowy day.

• #97448 Score: 0

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

Beautifully painted, looks like a quiet solitude in the midst of bustling city. Looking at the painting makes me Think of a quiet snowfall. Just gorgeous. Best wishes for your surgery

• #97495 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

Fabulous Paula, very atmospheric and beautifully painted as though effortless

• #97514 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

That is such a lovely atmospheric painting.  Lovely Job

Take time to look and make sure you see.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.