Your Watercolour Paintings Canyonland scenery

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  AlexK 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

I took a photo in maze part of canyonlands and years after decided to make a sketch. Ive tried to make Ronald Lee style sky.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97366 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

I really really like this Alex.  You have achieved amazing aerial perspective with the use of warm and cool colours.  You should certainly frame that one and be very proud.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #97367 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    13 pts

Alex, Great sense of depth and distance! The shadows make this seem like a late afternoon. Nice!

Paula

• #97370 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    2 pts

Wow!  I really, really like this one, Alex.   You could walk out into that picture forever and just keep going – the depth and perspective is so good.    I’d certainly hang that one on my wall.

Joy

• #97375 Score: 0

mrchirps
    Participant
    4 pts

A really pretty painting, Alex.  Nice desert colors and long shadows. I having grown up on the East coast, I thought the western deserts were like the Sahara.  It was a shock to me to wake up at dawn and see the desert from an Amtrak train.  Spectacular colors and flowers.

• #97376 Score: 1

AlexK
    Participant
    8 pts

Thanks everyone for warm words! It’s nice to have you guys here. Let’s paint. If no time –  then paint  colorful squares.  I did that for a many weekend nights because I had no motivation or being too tired to even make an effort. I should of made a chart of all my colors and mixes with other now it looks like a too big of a project.

• #97390 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

A lovely painting Alex, your colours compliment each other and love the darks coming in from the bottom left corner

• #97440 Score: 0

RandyLouise
    Participant
    2 pts

wonderful watercolor! Good composition, great balance of lights, darks and midtones. I’m not real familiar with the works of Ronald Lee, but your sky is wonderful. One of my favorite things about the desert is the skys, watching rain clouds roll in and the rain falling but not reaching the ground because the air is so dry that all the moisture is absorbs into the atmosphere. That’s what  this looks like to me. The rain falling half way to the ground. I just love it. Well done.

http://mypaintedmemories.wordpress.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/yourwatercolormemory

• #97447 Score: 0

K8
    Participant
    14 pts

Spectacular painting, Alex. Your colors and atmosphere are Superb. I agree with everyone’s admiration and think this should definitely be framed.

• #97460 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Very nice painting with a beautiful sky! I think you mean Roland Lee 🙂 I love his work. Great job on this, Alex!

• #97463 Score: 0

AlexK
      Participant
      8 pts

Thank you Judy! I guess you’re right about his name. I’ll always be a foreign guy:) as much as I like his paintings I’m staying away from his technique because ot just too time consuming and I’m attracted to more loose style like Patrick has.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.