Your Watercolour Paintings Bunny after Deb Watson

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Annette 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

This comes from a step-by-step lesson in a book by Deb Watson, along with other artists.  I think it may end up as a gift for my granddaughter. It’s painted on 9×12 Arches 140 lb. paper using a limited palette of aureolin, permanent rose, and winsor blue (red shade).  To make the browns, I mixed up an orange and then added light green, dark green, or blue.

Paula

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #97033 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

This is fantastic ! I like the richness of colors. Is pained so much like the photo from the book!  I just happen yo borrow  one from the library.

• #97035 Score: 0

Brian
    Participant
    19 pts

That’s lovely Paula. Your granddaughter will love it.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

• #97045 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

This is really beautiful, Paula! I love the background wash and the fur is so good! And those daisies are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you created your browns; I might try that soon. I think your granddaughter will be very happy with her special gift. 😀

• #97047 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

I’ve checked this book out and I recognize one more painting of yours. It’s a blue jay on blooming branch. You’re so good at painting these scenes! I swear your painting is better!

• #97049 Score: 0

Paula
      Participant
      11 pts

Thanks, Alex.  I also did the deer in snow, as well as the blue jay. All use a limited palette, which really seems to make the painting process much less confusing. Next I’m going to try the kitten. I like attempting subjects with a blurry background and a detailed focal point.

• #97050 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    11 pts

Thanks, everyone, for your encouraging comments. Much appreciated!

• #97058 Score: 0

Joy Dix
    Participant
    1 pt

Gorgeous bunny, Paula.   Your grand-daughter is going to be delighted with it.   I especially like the light in the eye.  It really brings the bunny to life.  I’m just waiting for him to start chewing the grass.

• #97108 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    11 pts

Terrific Paula, the fur is rendered beautifully

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.