Your Watercolour Paintings Beach Scene (after Charles Evans)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AlexK 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Jim
    Participant
    3 pts

Good morning all.

seems as it chucking it down here, NE UK, I washed the breakfast pots up and out came my paints for another go.

i found this artist on the SAA website along with some other great paint along tutorials. This is however from his YouTube site, ( what would we do without YouTube ) and only about 20 minutes long during which time I just kept pausing the play.

i still feel I was a little rushed and still not getting the mixes very well but overall for me a reasonable effort but more important another chance to learn. I loved the way he used a credit card to produce his rocks.

This chap only uses 4 brushes and 8 colours, wish I had found him earlier. 😜

Time for another tutorial. I’m afraid you will have to bear with me using tutorials for a while, I’m so envious of those of you who paint their own photos/scenes, I will get there in the end but when I tried my own scene it was a disaster.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I have quite a bit of stock, about 400 sheets of this,so this is painted on Bockingford 140 lb rough. I’ll save the Saunders Waterford I have until I’m more competent.

Have a good day everyone.

Jim 🎨

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96927 Score: 0

Howard W
    Participant
    14 pts

Jim, you have many great things going in this painting: your sky, the whites of the crashing waves, and the scale of the cliffs with the couple’s silhouetted images.  Nicely done.

• #96936 Score: 0

Brian
    Participant
    18 pts

An angled shadow on the sand cast by the cliffs would help the pic as the figures are casting a shadow also.

Facebook.com/BParnellArt

• #96937 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    41 pts

Beautiful sky and fabulous cliff rock. Great work, Jim!

• #96946 Score: 0

AlexK
    Participant
    4 pts

Nice painting. I think we all went through many tutorials. It can be very beneficial. Starting painting without them can be disappointing ( talking about myself) . I find Chales Evanse’s videos easy to paint, limited palette is best thing ever. I think we all could loose half of the colors and be better painters after all. I like his technique of lifting wet paint. It actually works very well. Carry on. You’re going in the right direction.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.