Your Watercolour Paintings Another window sketch

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Agathe 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

Agathe
    Participant
    8 pts

I did another window sketch from a photo I found online. I wanted to try to put a bit more effort into the view outside the window. Something I need to practice on is making good outer edges of the sketch. Like here when it’s not set inside a square, I need to find good ways to make natural borders from the white of the paper to the sketch itself. Had I started over again, I would have done it differently, especially at the bottom left corner.

I keep doing sketches as it’s been weeks since I was able to sit down with anything without getting interrupted. When I paint, I want to know I’m able to focus on it for an hour or two. Which I am not. I even got surprise visitors in the middle of adding the colors to this, which was sort of annoying, because I was losing my light, and had to finish it in indoor light only.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #96233 Score: 0

Brad
    Participant
    18 pts

Very nice Agathe.  Its nice to get a feel of peoples locations.

Take time to look and make sure you see.

• #96236 Score: 0

Patrick
    Keymaster
    30 pts

I am enjoying this theme your working with at the moment of looking through windows. As I said I before it really does draw the viewer into the painting.  I particularly like the way you have the subtle gradual shift of color on the table to describe the light falling on it. Well drawn and painted you have dealt with the perspective issues perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

Patrick

• #96239 Score: 0

Paula
    Participant
    10 pts

I really like your window scenes!  I think windows symbolize possibility when your looking out and mystery when you’re looking in.  They certainly add interest to a scene.

Paula

• #96245 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    10 pts

Really nice sketch, i think the bottom corners left unfinished add to the “sketchiness” of the scene

• #96249 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    8 pts

Thanks guys! I just posted another one. You’ll get tired of these scenes soon enough. 😉 I do tend to take photos such as these often too, and I like your interpretation Paula! Also, I suspect it has something to do with me sort of being an outsider, and I often sort of feel removed from the crowd. So I think my attraction to windows is that too. It illustrates very well how I feel like. Not that it is a negative thing to me at all. I am an outsider by choice. 😉

• #96273 Score: 0

Lora
    Participant
    2 pts

Wow, Agathe, this is so excellent! I love it! Your reflections of the buildings in the windows are so convincing; I like how you did it kind of misty looking. And the light you’ve captured on the table and chair is wonderful. I love the view from the window, just enough detail. I know I, for one, will not get tired of your “through the window” sketches! 😀 And thank you for sharing what it represents for you. 😀

• #96295 Score: 0

Agathe
    Participant
    8 pts

Thank you so much, Lora! I ended up doing some changes to the chair after posting this. In the photo it was covered with clothes, and I still get so confused when I have to figure things out myself! However, a small part showed where it was clear that the chair was shining from the light outside. But I did add some shadows too in the end. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.