Anything Goes – Well Almost! An Impromptu Haul

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jezzy 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

It all started out with ink. Next week in art class we’re doing ink painting and drawing. Haven’t used ink since I was about 12 so I needed some. Instead of popping along to Hobbycraft I decided to order it online. But I couldn’t stop there could I? I wanted one of those pallettes that Patrick uses, the Liz Deakin one. Sourced the ink and the pallette from Ken Bromley and whilst on there decided to buy a Ken Bromley Perfect Paper Stretcher and some Canson Mi Teintes pastel paper. I also added some Joseph Gillott artist selection nibs for the ink.

Whilst watching Andrew Geeson I just knew I needed his “loose gang” brushes. There’s Dangerous Dave, Miss Rigger, Big Brian and flat Phil.

So, whilst I haven’t painted a watercolour since November, my obsession with buying art supplies hasn’t waned.

Help…………..

****Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something****

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • #54950 Score: 0

JudyR
    Participant
    42 pts

Ha! I have the same obsession, Mark. Thanks for the source of the Liz Deakin palette–been looking for it. May order and ship that and some brushes I can only get in the UK to my sister–She can bring them here on her next visit. 🙂

Fill the new palette with paint and pick up the brushes; hopefully, it will spur on your desire to paint a watercolor.

• #54951 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

Hi Judy. Jacksons Art Supplies also sell the pallette.

****Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something****

• #54952 Score: 0

Nikevanlaren
    Participant

Nice?
    I have been wanting to ask and now see you got your paper stretcher board too! I’m sure you Will be very happy with that.
    Once online i can neither stop and there is always a wishlist in my head?

Nike

• #54953 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

Nice?
    I have been wanting to ask and now see you got your paper stretcher board too! I’m sure you Will be very happy with that.
    Once online i can neither stop and there is always a wishlist in my head?

I know how you must feel Nike. When the Amazon man rings the doorbell it’s always for my wife. I get rather jealous!!

• #54956 Score: 0

RobertF
    Participant
    15 pts

What a great post! Your art studio must be an amazing space!

• #54961 Score: 0

Peter_RB
    Participant
    8 pts

Recognise some purchasing habits here, do you buy on impulse after spotting a must have item that you feel will take you to a new level and then it never sees the light of day.

• #54988 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

Recognise some purchasing habits here, do you buy on impulse after spotting a must have item that you feel will take you to a new level and then it never sees the light of day.

How ever did you know, Peter?

• #54992 Score: 0

Petjoy
    Participant
    4 pts

Mark, buying art supplies is like an obsession. I have almost every water soluble medium made, brushes in every size and shape, canvas panels and boards, watercolour paper in sheets and pads, in all different surfaces. I know I will never use it all and I don’t have anyone to give it to. None of my children or grandchildren paint and none of my other relatives or friends. I also have INK…. The worst thing is that I can’t bear to part with any of it.
    Joyce

• #54995 Score: 0

Anonymous
    22 pts

You’re as bad as me at a makeup site! This looks like a great “haul” – wonder if the palette can be shipped to the US without a huge charge? Hope to see you put some of this to use soon!

• #54999 Score: 0

Mark
    Participant
    18 pts

You’re as bad as me at a makeup site! This looks like a great “haul” – wonder if the palette can be shipped to the US without a huge charge? Hope to see you put some of this to use soon!

You and Judy are like twins Fiona. I had this convo with her. If you look at Ken Bromley’s website the international shipping costs to the US are quite reasonable I think. Up to 0.3kg is about £7

• #55005 Score: 0

Anonymous
      22 pts

Thanks, Mark! I’m not sure Judy will be thrilled at being thought of as my twin!!!! I’m ordering it today!

• #55009 Score: 0

JudyR
      Participant
      42 pts

Aww, Fiona, don’t sell yourself short…wait… well I guess you’d be the taller twin! 😉

• #55020 Score: 0

Anonymous
      22 pts

Wow – never, ever been called the taller one – 5′ (lost another 1/2″) is all I can offer!

• #55025 Score: 0

Annette
    Participant
    13 pts

Oh, I feel your pain! I desperately want to purchase the loose gang, really have a crush on Dangerous Dave but my new year’s resolution was to actually use all the stuff I have before I allow myself another art spree!

• #55094 Score: 0

jezzy
    Participant

Love the photos. I’m drooling. You got some really great art materials. No guilt allowed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.